Apr 28, 2010

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
Stephen King
1982

The primary reason I chose this book was because of the infamous movie that was filmed about the book. I had seen the movie several times and I had always considered the movie one of my most favorite of all time. One day about two weeks ago, I had the luck to find that the Shawshank Redemption was playing at 8 on my television. I turned the movie on that night and once again I was impressed with the way the movie was directed and the fabulous story behind it. During a commercial, I heard the host mention that the book was originated from a movie. I was bewildered. I immediately went, got hold of the book, and began to read. Naturally, as high as my regard for the movie was, I expected the book to be twice as better. Since any book is better than a movie, I expected this one to shine out from my usual standards.
So far, the book has impressed me beyond my wildest dreams. I am thrilled with the suspense, conflict, and sorrow this book shows so well. The book is a mirror image of the movie. Only the book shows more detail, more imagery and more just plain story. I loved this book even more than I loved the movie and it will also go into my top five lists for my favorite book ever written by any author.

No comments:

Post a Comment