Feb 17, 2010

Fight Club

Fight Club
Chuck Palahniuk
1996

I chose this book for a variety of different reasons. First, many, many of my friends and relatives had suggested to me this book. They said it was a thrilling, suspenseful, and a very good read. However, they also warned me against the graphic violence this book demonstrates throughout its entirety. Another warning presented to me was the message the book gave out. Fight clubs purpose is to shock the reader and show them the violence, hatred, and insanity one person an reach. Second, I saw the movie fight club before I had even heard of the book. The movie was a huge success and I enjoyed it very much. It was one of my most favorite movies of all time. All of these outside influences led me to believe that this book would shock me to my core and make me change my beliefs on how I view my seemingly perfect life.
This book so far has given me all I have expected and more. The violence, thrill, insanity, and split personality surprises have all proved to be excellent uses Palahniuk creates in order to draw the reader into his book. The main character presents excitement and new ideas to those who are innocent and pure to the violent side of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment